Notion Music has introduced Progression, a guitar tab editor for your iPad.
Progression gives you the ability to write, edit, and playback guitar tablature or regular notation using real audio samples. Progression comes with acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and bass guitar. You can even select to add additional instruments such as classical guitar, acoustic fingerstyle guitar, mandolin, and banjo.
- Enter, edit, and playback tab, notation, or both
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, and Bass Guitar samples included (add additional instruments such as Classical Guitar, Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar, Mandolin, and Banjo)
- Search for tabs online
- Open NOTION files
- Open Guitar Pro files (versions 3-5)
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Interactive 24-fret guitar fretboard for fast entry
- Quick and simple selection palette
- Distortion and reverb effects
- Full audio mixer
- Convenient file sharing
- Full-range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer on, pull off, mutes, whammy bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more…
- Drag and drop cursor option
- Insert text
- Quick “Undo” and “Redo” functions
- Chord and melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Help Files
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- In-App Purchases to add more instruments and gear
- Free scales and exercises included
Progression sells for $4.99. If you’ve tried it, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!
Distorque has released a free distortion plugin for Windows, based on the MXR Distortion +.
Here’s the structure of the whole effect:
Input attenuator -> Input HPF -> Pickup simulation LPF -> Op amp gain -> Op amp HPF -> Op amp bandwidth LPF -> Upsampler -> Op amp clipper -> Output HPF -> Output LPF -> Output attenuator -> Diode clipping emulation -> Downsampler -> Volume
Details and download are here.
DSP Project’s Rupert Brown takes a look at IK Multimedia’s Amplitube 3 guitar and bass amp simulator:
Amplitube 3 by IK Multimedia is a guitar and bass cabinet simulator I have had for awhile now. But what would a guy who cant play guitar out of a paper bag want with a guitar rig plugin?
Well it turns out you don’t need to rock an axe to find a lot of useful applications for this bad boy.
In this review / tutorial I will walk you through the interface and give you demos of my application. You guys have asked for more audio samples in previous reviews so this time I will let you have a good listen for yourself, demonstrating 1000 presets (almost).
JamUp (Sneak Preview) – a look at the upcoming JamUp software.
A demo of the Electro Harmonix Wiggler.
EHX Wiggler features:
- True bypass using a mechanical relay
- All-vacuum tube signal path presents the classic sound of the most sought-after modulation effects
- 4 types of note-bending vibrato and true amplitude modulation tremolo
- The closest you will ever get to a Leslie vibrato sound without having to carry one
- Warm and rich tonality
- Two 12AX7WB vacuum tubes included
- 12AC-1000 power supply included
This is a demo of the EHX Tube Zipper.
You can get details on the Electro Harmonix Zipper at the EHX site.
Developer 4Pockets has released an updated version of StompBox, its digital effects device for the iPad.
New in Stompbox 1.03:
- PasteBoard Support in 4Track Recorder – We have added multiple option to allow you to copy songs and loops to and from the PasteBoard in various formats.
- Ability to Import iPod songs into Media Player – Due to popular request you can now import songs from your iPads iTunes music library directly into the Media Player.
- MIDI Support - This allows you to use remote pedal board to change patches, control Volume and Wah pedals as well as tap tempo etc. This is completely configurable by assigning midi CC’s to StompBox functions. The Learn feature makes configuring the softer very simple.
- Shop – We have now added a shop for In-App purchases allowing us to expand the program even more.
- Loop Station – The first In-App purchase is a real cracker, allowing you to sample loops up to 32 seconds in length. The pedal allows unlimited overdubs with features such as reverse and undo, configurable metronome, pasteboard support for transferring your loops to other apps, and saving to file.
Continue reading iPad StompBox Updated
This is a demo of the Electro Harmonix Talking Machine guitar effects pedal