IK Multimedia has released AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix – a new app that offers virtual recreations of the legendary guitar icon’s pedals and amplifiers..
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix is a mobile guitar effects processor and recording studio app that lets you play, practice and record with Jimi Hendrix’s gear, anytime and everywhere. Use the iRig or iRig STOMP interface to connect your guitar to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad, and use iRig MIDI to control AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix with your floor controller.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix lets you build a flexible guitar signal chain complete with 4 stompbox effects and an amplifier head with cabinet, plus a single-track recorder (expandable to 8 tracks) for capturing your musical ideas quickly and easily.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix features models of all the gear used by Hendrix, including amplifiers like the JH GOLD based on the Marshall JTM45 and the JH DUAL based on the Fender Dual Showman.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix also features a Song player section that allows you to play along with songs or backing tracks by importing them directly from your device’s iPod library, or from your computer. The Song section also includes SpeedTrainer, which can slow down or speed up the tempo of audio material without affecting pitch. A digital chromatic tuner and metronome are also included.
Continue reading Jimi Hendrix’s Rig Gets Virtualized On The iPad
At the 2012 NAMM Show, IK Multimedia introduced the GuitarConnect Pro – a new adapter that lets you plug your guitar into an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Plug your instrument into the 1/4″ jack and you have a digital connection from your instrument into your iOS guitar software.
Plug your guitar . . . → Read More: Griffin Intros GuitarConnect Pro
DSP Project’s Rupert Brown takes a look at IK Multimedia’s Amplitube 3 guitar and bass amp simulator:
Amplitube 3 by IK Multimedia is a guitar and bass cabinet simulator I have had for awhile now. But what would a guy who cant play guitar out of a paper bag want with . . . → Read More: Amplitube 3 Review (Guitar & Bass Amp Simulator)
IK Multimedia has released AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop, version 3.5 of their amp and effects modeling software.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
The Custom Shop is an entirely new tone shopping experience that is like visiting a real guitar store, but one that is open 24/7 right in the comfort of your own studio. The AmpliTube Custom Shop has the widest offering of legendary, officially certified brands and a price model affordable to anyone for building your truly custom tone.
Every new user can start by downloading a FREE, fully functional version of AmpliTube 3 – both a standalone application and plug-in – with a collection of 24 gear models (9 stomp boxes, 4 amplifiers, 5 cabinets, 3 microphones, 2 rack effects and digital tuner) for recording and mixing in their favorite Mac/Win DAW, for playing on stage or practicing at home.
Then with the new Custom Shop feature – directly accessible within AmpliTube using an online connection – over 200 gear models of stomp boxes, amplifiers, cabinets, microphones and rack effects can be browsed, auditioned and purchased à la carte.
Continue reading IK Multimedia AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop
IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube Fender (App Store link), a full-featured Fender Tone guitar rig with built-in recording and practicing studio, is now available for iOS.
Use the AmpliTube iRig interface adapter to connect your guitar to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and you’re ready to practice, play and record with that Famous Fender tone everywhere you go.
AmpliTube Fender Features:
- Real time guitar mobile multiFX + recording app
- Full rig with 3 simultaneous stompboxes + amp with effects + cabinet + mic
- 6 Fender™ Stomps — Fender™ Phaser, Fender™ Blender™, Fender™ Tape Echo, Overdrive, Compressor (by registering) and Noise Filter
- 5 Fender™ Amps with matching Cabinets — ’65 Deluxe Reverb™, ’65 Twin Reverb™, ’59 Bassman™ LTD, Super-Sonic™ and Pro Junior™
- 2 Mic models, dynamic and condenser
- Single track recorder (with re-amping) expandable to a full 4 track recording studio with master effects through in-app purchase
- Import and play songs/backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device, or from your computer
- Slow down or speed up the tempo (-50% to +200%) of imported songs without affecting their pitch
- 36 presets can be saved/named/recalled on the fly
- Includes tuner and metronome
- Low-latency for real time playing
- FREE version also available – can be expanded by adding individual gear models through in-app purchase
- Fender™ models are also available in AmpliTube 2 for iPhone app through direct in-app purchase
IMPORTANT: if you own AmpliTube 2 for iPhone and you want to add all of the components of AmpliTube Fender into it, DO NOT purchase the AmpliTube Fender app. Instead, add the AmpliTube Fender amps and effects all together or single a-la-carte gear directly in AmpliTube 2 through in-app purchase. Continue reading Amplitube Fender Now Available For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch