This video, via John Walden, is a video review and demo of the AmpKit LiNK HD iOS guitar interface from Peavey / Agile Partners. Continue reading AmpKit LiNK HD Review & Demo
Alex Skolnick tries out the Peavey AmpKit Link HD guitar interface at the 2012 NAMM Show.
He plugged a looper between his guitar and AmpKit, and went to work instantly. He starts with a clean jazz sound – but wait a minute and he gets the epic shred on.
- The only charging guitar interface: optional AC adapter charges your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch while you play.
- Stays connected: uses cable with dual locking connectors, rather than relying on friction fit – it just can’t fall out.
- Input and Output: LiNK HD is not only guitar in, but also headphone and line out.
- Control at your fingertips: control knobs for guitar input level and headphone output level. No need to launch an app.
- Mac and PC: LiNK HD works as a guitar interface for your Mac and PC, too. USB cable included.
- Built solid: sturdy jacks and cable connectors. Rubberized, non-slip coating feels great and reduces sliding.
AmpKit LiNK HD is expected to be available in the second quarter of 2012.
IK Multimedia released this teaser video for AmpliTube Fender for iPhone and iPad – The new AmpliTube Fender app for iPhone/iPod touch is full-featured Fender Tone guitar rig with a built-in recording studio.
Now you can dial in your favorite Fender guitar amp and effects sounds with the new AmpliTube Fender mobile app for iPhone/iPod touch.
In this video guitarist Chris Buono demonstrates how to set up some amp modeling and effects configuration’s in Amplitube.
Amplitube is an amp modeling and guitar processing app from IK Multimedia that runs on Apple iOS devices like the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Chris takes you through creating a setup from scratch and explains what each setting does and how to use it. For guitarists looking to add amp modeling to their rig but don’t want to use a laptop this is a great place to start.
Agile Partners have announced a major update to AmpKit+, the iOS amp simulator.
Here’s what’s new in AmpKit+ 1.1:
- iPad support – AmpKit 1.1 is now a universal app supporting iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch* at no extra cost.
- iPad features include:
- Full rotation support – works extremely well in both landscape and portrait modes.
- Great use of expanded screen real estate (e.g., view as many as 15 Setups or Presets at once).
- Use of popover panels to enable quick editing. With a single touch, expose amp, pedal, and other settings for editing. In landscape mode, edit amp controls while your amp and pedals are fully visible.
- “Now Playing” panel tells you which setup is currently playing and lets you open it with a single touch.
- Amazing new iPad-specific amp and pedal artwork.
- New gear – AmpKit 1.1 includes three amazing new pieces of gear:
- American Acoustic: An acoustic amp with 16 built-in effects and a uniquely modeled speaker cabinet.
- Tremo-LOL: A great new Tremolo pedal with American and British tremolo modes.
- Wahba Doo: Three wahs in one: envelope filter, auto-wah, and manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
- AmpKit 1.1 includes three new bundles featuring discounts ranging from 50% to almost 70% compared with individual component prices. You can buy almost every piece of gear in the Gear Store via these highly-discounted bundles.
- The Effector Pack: 6 great effects pedals including the new Tremo-LOL and Wahba Doo pedals, as well as delay, reverb, octave and vibrato.
- The Clean & Classic Pack: Six amps and eight effects pedals tailored for clean, vintage, and acoustic styles.
- The Power Pack: Six amps with a penchant for gain, plus eight additional gain and compression effects pedals.
- Audio Copy & Paste. You can now copy AmpKit recordings and paste them into other apps such as multi-track mixing / mastering apps. You can also paste audio from other apps into AmpKit as either backing tracks or dry guitar audio. AmpKit supports both Sonoma’s AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard and Apple’s General Pasteboard, for maximum compatibility with other iOS audio apps
- Improved audio quality thanks to post-amp effects. You can now place pedals after the amp in the effects chain, enabling major enhancements to audio quality with many effects, including reverb and delay.
- Instant access to your iPod music library. No lengthy import process, just select a song from your iPod library and jam along instantly.
- Setup Sharing. You can now email your favorite setups and presets to your friends, thanks to the iOS 4’ “Open with …” feature.
- Setup Favorites and Locking. You can now keep track of your favorite setups and presets, and lock setups to prevent accidental modification.
- QuickJump. Conveniently jump from one favorite setup or preset to another without leaving your gear display.
- - Recording improvements include the ability to flick-scroll recordings, and an improved composite waveform that shows both wet and dry levels on the same display.
- Rotation support on iPhone and iPod touch so you can use the app with your iPhone or iPod touch inverted (sometimes better for cable routing).
- Enhanced SoundCloud integration including support for keywords and simplified submission of audio to the AmpKit group.
*Except first generation iPod touch
This video demos AmpliTube iRig & AmpliTube For iPad – a combination that turns an iPad into an extremely portable guitar practice rig. Continue reading AmpliTube iRig / AmpliTube For iPad (Demo)
Here’s a quick demo of the Peavey AmpKit Link for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The Amp Kit Link interface features a 1/4″ jack input, suitable for guitars and bass and a 1/8″ mini-jack stereo output, which can be connected to headphones, amplifiers, or powered speakers. Continue reading Peavey Ampkit Link For iPhone, iPad + iPod Touch
iRig AmpKit LiNK PRS Guitarbud Griffin and Sonoma’s GuitarJack
Probably the first video comparing 5 iPhone guitar interfaces. A short video of each of these interfaces for the iPhone and your guitar. We take each interface and listen to it clean and then use them with their amp modeling software too.
To find out what our verdict was visit:
This is a preview of AmpliTube 2 for iPhone – the latest version of IK Multimedia’s portable amp-modeling software.
What’s New in AmpliTube 2 for iPhone:
- New 4-track recorder with insert effects and 3 master effects
- 5 new pedals/effects
- New SpeedTrainer for slowing down/speeding up backing tracks
- Greatly improved sound with DSP now derived from desktop versions
- Now backing tracks are imported directly from iTunes on iPhone/iPod
- New recording export using iTunes shared folders on your computer
- New recording sending by email
- New preset naming
It’s $19.99 in the App Store. Continue reading AmpliTube 2 for iPhone (Video Preview)
AmpliTube iRig is a combination of an easy-to-use instrument interface adapter and guitar and bass tone mobile software.
With AmpliTube iRig, you can plug your guitar into your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and jam anywhere. Simply plug the iRig interface into your mobile device, plug your instrument into the appropriate input jack, plug in your headphones, amp or powered speakers, download AmpliTube for iPhone Free and start rocking.
You’ll have at your fingertips the sound and control of 3 recombinable simultaneous stompbox effects + amplifier + cabinet + microphone, just like a traditional guitar or bass stage rig.
Add amps and effects as you need them — you can expand your rig with up to 10 stomps, 5 amps, 5 cabinets and 2 microphones in the AmpliTube iRig app custom shop.