The new Squier Strat Guitar offers USB & iOS Connectivity.
The Squier by Fender USB Stratocaster electric guitar gives you a huge range of tones and all the features you expect from Fender—plus the convenience of direct connection to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- Pickup select switch
- Pickup volume control
- Pickup tone control
- Headphone volume control
- 1/4-inch passive guitar output
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo headphone jack
- Type Mini-B USB connector offering bi-directional audio streaming
The Squier Strat with USB & iOS Connectivity is available exclusively at the Apple Store.
Summer NAMM ’11 – Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar Demo
www.premierguitar.com PG’s Chris Kies is On Location at the 2011 Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, TN, where he visits the Electro-Harmonix booth. In this segment, we get to see and hear a demo of their newest guitar stompbox — the Ravish Sitar pedal. For more Summer NAMM ’11 video demos or to view Premier Guitar’s COMPLETELY FREE digital edition magazine, be sure to visit http
At the 2012 NAMM Show, Roland and Fender announced the GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster guitar as one of the V-Guitar series, am electric guitar that can be directly connected to the GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer and VG-99 V-Guitar System.
Combining an authentic Stratocaster guitar and a special Roland divided pickup with a 13-pin output; the GK-Ready Stratocaster GC-1 can be used with both standard guitar equipment and Roland V-Guitar category products like the GR-55 and VG-99.
To harness this power, Roland developed the GK Divided Pickup, a special pickup that allows each of a guitar’s strings to be processed independently. Connecting a GK-Ready guitar to the GR Guitar Synthesizer or V-Guitar System opens up a world of options, including instant alternate tunings, transforming the guitar sound into another instrument entirely, and more.
Continue reading Roland Intros GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster V-Guitar
Moog Lap Steel Explorations Part 2 – a live looping improvisation by Bill Walker, using the new Moog Lap Steel and Looperlative LP-1.
The improvisation features the usage of the guitar’s onboard filters, and using an Ethos preamp for distortion, in tandem with the Moog guitar’s infinite sustain capability to get a high volume feedback response at a low volume,
The LP-1 is being controlled by a Gordius Little Giant MIDI controller and an iPhone using the OSC app and a Missing Link WiFi to MIDI adaptor.
This video, via steelguitar3, demonstrates using the Electro Harmonix Pog 2 Octave Generator, B-3 Organ setting.
Technical details: 1956 Fender Stringmaster non-pedal steel guitar, with C6 tuning.
Here’s a quick review, via sonicstate, of the Line 6 Pod HD desktop effects processor:
Another Pod featuring the new HD Amp models from Line 6. 22 amps, 22 preamps, 16 cabs, 8 mics and 100+ stomps.
This video takes a look at how the new Electro Harmonix 44 Magnum Pedal Power Amplifier can power 2 4×12 guitar cabinets.via easymusiccenter:
IK Multimedia released this teaser video for AmpliTube Fender for iPhone and iPad – The new AmpliTube Fender app for iPhone/iPod touch is full-featured Fender Tone guitar rig with a built-in recording studio.
Now you can dial in your favorite Fender guitar amp and effects sounds with the new AmpliTube Fender mobile app for iPhone/iPod touch.
IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube Fender (App Store link), a full-featured Fender Tone guitar rig with built-in recording and practicing studio, is now available for iOS.
Use the AmpliTube iRig interface adapter to connect your guitar to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and you’re ready to practice, play and record with that Famous Fender tone everywhere you go.
AmpliTube Fender Features:
- Real time guitar mobile multiFX + recording app
- Full rig with 3 simultaneous stompboxes + amp with effects + cabinet + mic
- 6 Fender™ Stomps — Fender™ Phaser, Fender™ Blender™, Fender™ Tape Echo, Overdrive, Compressor (by registering) and Noise Filter
- 5 Fender™ Amps with matching Cabinets — ’65 Deluxe Reverb™, ’65 Twin Reverb™, ’59 Bassman™ LTD, Super-Sonic™ and Pro Junior™
- 2 Mic models, dynamic and condenser
- Single track recorder (with re-amping) expandable to a full 4 track recording studio with master effects through in-app purchase
- Import and play songs/backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device, or from your computer
- Slow down or speed up the tempo (-50% to +200%) of imported songs without affecting their pitch
- 36 presets can be saved/named/recalled on the fly
- Includes tuner and metronome
- Low-latency for real time playing
- FREE version also available – can be expanded by adding individual gear models through in-app purchase
- Fender™ models are also available in AmpliTube 2 for iPhone app through direct in-app purchase
IMPORTANT: if you own AmpliTube 2 for iPhone and you want to add all of the components of AmpliTube Fender into it, DO NOT purchase the AmpliTube Fender app. Instead, add the AmpliTube Fender amps and effects all together or single a-la-carte gear directly in AmpliTube 2 through in-app purchase. Continue reading Amplitube Fender Now Available For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
This video is a demo of the Electro-Harmonix Micro POG with a Bass guitar. Continue reading Electro-Harmonix Micro POG Demo