Alex Skolnick tries out the Peavey AmpKit Link HD guitar interface at the 2012 NAMM Show.
He plugged a looper between his guitar and AmpKit, and went to work instantly. He starts with a clean jazz sound – but wait a minute and he gets the epic shred on.
- The only charging guitar interface: optional AC adapter charges your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch while you play.
- Stays connected: uses cable with dual locking connectors, rather than relying on friction fit – it just can’t fall out.
- Input and Output: LiNK HD is not only guitar in, but also headphone and line out.
- Control at your fingertips: control knobs for guitar input level and headphone output level. No need to launch an app.
- Mac and PC: LiNK HD works as a guitar interface for your Mac and PC, too. USB cable included.
- Built solid: sturdy jacks and cable connectors. Rubberized, non-slip coating feels great and reduces sliding.
AmpKit LiNK HD is expected to be available in the second quarter of 2012.
In this video guitarist Chris Buono demonstrates how to set up some amp modeling and effects configuration’s in Amplitube.
Amplitube is an amp modeling and guitar processing app from IK Multimedia that runs on Apple iOS devices like the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Chris takes you through creating a setup from scratch and explains what each setting does and how to use it. For guitarists looking to add amp modeling to their rig but don’t want to use a laptop this is a great place to start.
Here’s a quick demo of the Peavey AmpKit Link for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The Amp Kit Link interface features a 1/4″ jack input, suitable for guitars and bass and a 1/8″ mini-jack stereo output, which can be connected to headphones, amplifiers, or powered speakers. Continue reading Peavey Ampkit Link For iPhone, iPad + iPod Touch
iRig AmpKit LiNK PRS Guitarbud Griffin and Sonoma’s GuitarJack
Probably the first video comparing 5 iPhone guitar interfaces. A short video of each of these interfaces for the iPhone and your guitar. We take each interface and listen to it clean and then use them with their amp modeling software too.
To find out what our verdict was visit: