IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping its iRig Stomp stomp box guitar interface for iOS devices.
Guitar and bass players can now integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps into their existing live pedalboard setup, for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing using an iPhone/iPod touch or iPad.
iRig Stomp is based on the AmpliTube iRig interface. It is compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad guitar amp or instrument app.
Here’s a demo of the iRig Stomp in action:
- Compact, durable yet lightweight, aluminum-cast enclosure integrates easily into any traditional pedalboard.
- Can be used inline with other effects pedals or directly connected to amplifiers or PA systems using regular ¼” guitar cables with no need for adapters.
- Large input gain knob provides precise adjustment of the signal for perfect guitar and bass levels.
- Active battery-powered output circuit improves headroom, especially when used with high-gain amplifiers in the AmpliTube app, reducing feedback and crosstalk when recording.
- The bypass switch allows engaging or bypassing the AmpliTube app chain of effects – like a traditional stompbox – for seamless integration into any existing rig.
- Ultra-compact form factor can be easily carried on the road.
- Features a 3.5mm/1/8” jack for silent practicing with headphones.
- Includes AmpliTube FREE app from the App StoreSM and can be used with any other guitar processing app that uses the iOS mini-jack including Garage Band.
The iRig Stomp is available now for US $59.99.