Roland has released the GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer, the company’s latest guitar synth.
Combining PCM synthesis with digital instrument modeling from the VG-99 V-Guitar System, the GR-55 represents Roland’s latest advances in guitar synthesis.
Here’s a demo of the Roland GR-55 guitar synth in action:
- A fusion of guitar synthesis and COSM guitar modeling.
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input.
- Hundreds of sounds for rock or pop guitarists.
- Fast processing.
- Over 900 fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more.
- COSM guitar and amp modeling.
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an onboard looper.
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control.
- Available with or without GK-3 Divided Pickup.
The GR-55 is now available, with an MSRP of $979 USD, or $1,199 USD with a GK-3 Divided Pickup included.