TabToolkit includes an audio synthesis engine so you can listen to and control the audio for all tracks individually. TabToolkit also provides playback tempo control, a metronome, and a tab upload and download manager.
- Supports the following tab formats: Guitar Pro, Power Tab, PDF and text.*
- Audio synthesizer with multi-track playback. Listen to all instruments simultaneously and re-assign the midi instrument for any track.
- View both standard music notation and tablature notation.
- Automatically scroll through music with tempo control.
- Turn on a metronome with a wide range of sounds.
- Display a fretboard (guitar or bass) or keyboard that shows finger positions.
- Upload tab files directly from your Mac or PC.
- Download tabs from the Internet using a built-in web browser.
- Portrait and landscape screen orientations with an option to lock the orientation.
- Built in help, news and feedback support feature.
- Lefties welcome! Lefty-mode inverts the fretboard to display correct finger positions.
Note: Multi-track playback, instrument audio, metronome and music notation are only available for GuitarPro and PowerTab files.
Here’s an overview of the features of TabToolkit for the iPad:
TabToolkit is $9.99 in the app store. An iPhone / iPod touch version is also available.
If you’ve used TabToolkit, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it.