Here’s a sneak preview of Yonac Software‘s just announced Shredder for iPhone.
Shredder is an app that lets you use your iPhone (or iPad) as a guitar synthesizer.
Here’s the official description:
SHREDDER for iPhone – Synth for Guitar:
Raspy synth swells? Gotcha covered. Bass-doubled riffs? Yup. Strings ‘n Things for beefing up the mix? Ditto. No special synth pickup needed.
SHREDDER is a synthesizer controlled by your guitar. Pop it on, plug in your guitar, hit the “Guitar Synth” button and start jamming. SHREDDER comes with a true analog synth engine including dual oscillators, 3 types of filter, a dedicated FM envelope as well as other goodies like dual LFOs, a virtual pedalboard and more. Chose among 100+ built-in presets, or create and save endless ones of your own.
SHREDDER comes with a dedicated guitar mix fader to mix in your guitar, and has attack and decay sensitivity faders to allow you to customize guitar tracking to your playing and input interface, whether its a USB in, a guitar adapter or the plain built-in mic. Headphones are required with use of the built in-mic.
We’ll keep an eye out for this. It’s officially ‘coming soon’.
A quick overview of the GuitarJack Model 2 Audio Interface for iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad, and iPod touch.
GuitarJack Model 2 connects instruments and microphones into compatible iOS devices via 1/4-inch instrument and 1/8-inch stereo mic/line inputs. When used with the FourTrack and StudioTrack iOS apps, GuitarJack offers stereo recording, simultaneous instrument and voice recording, level control and crosstalk-free input monitoring.
All guitar audio featured in this video was recorded with GuitarJack Model 2, the FourTrack app, and a Taylor SolidBody Standard guitar (shown).
GuitarJack Model 2 is compatible with iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad, and iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen).
Here’s a first look at the new DigiTech iPB-10 iPad pedalboard.
The emphasis in this video is on the iPad editing, rather than how the pedalboard sounds – but that probably makes sense, given the novelty of the iPad interface.
IK Multimedia and Fender introduced AmpliTube Fender at the 2011 Winter NAMM show, an iOS app designed to let you “Get that legendary Fender tone on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.” AmpliTube Fender app was developed with tone testing from the tone gurus at Fender.
The app offers 5 Fender amp models:
- the ’65 Deluxe Reverb
- the Super-Sonic
- the ’65 Twin Reverb
- the ’59 Bassman™ LTD and
- the Pro Junior
6 Fender stompbox models:
- Tape Delay
- the Blender
- Overdrive and
- Noise Filter.
Sweet Child o Mine- Guns and Roses on IPAD (intro)
This is me playing the intro to guns and roses sweet child o mine on my IPAD! Despite me having no life because i can play this on an ipad, i can also play it on real guitar also lol. Watch and Enjoy =]
Agile Partners have announced a major update to AmpKit+, the iOS amp simulator. Here’s what’s new in AmpKit+ 1.1: iPad support – AmpKit 1.1 is now a universal app supporting iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch* at no extra cost. iPad features include: Full rotation support – works extremely well in both landscape and portrait modes. … Continue reading “AmpKit+ Gets Major Update”
Agile Partners have announced a major update to AmpKit+, the iOS amp simulator.
Here’s what’s new in AmpKit+ 1.1:
- iPad support – AmpKit 1.1 is now a universal app supporting iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch* at no extra cost.
- iPad features include:
- Full rotation support – works extremely well in both landscape and portrait modes.
- Great use of expanded screen real estate (e.g., view as many as 15 Setups or Presets at once).
- Use of popover panels to enable quick editing. With a single touch, expose amp, pedal, and other settings for editing. In landscape mode, edit amp controls while your amp and pedals are fully visible.
- “Now Playing” panel tells you which setup is currently playing and lets you open it with a single touch.
- Amazing new iPad-specific amp and pedal artwork.
- New gear – AmpKit 1.1 includes three amazing new pieces of gear:
- American Acoustic: An acoustic amp with 16 built-in effects and a uniquely modeled speaker cabinet.
- Tremo-LOL: A great new Tremolo pedal with American and British tremolo modes.
- Wahba Doo: Three wahs in one: envelope filter, auto-wah, and manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
- AmpKit 1.1 includes three new bundles featuring discounts ranging from 50% to almost 70% compared with individual component prices. You can buy almost every piece of gear in the Gear Store via these highly-discounted bundles.
- The Effector Pack: 6 great effects pedals including the new Tremo-LOL and Wahba Doo pedals, as well as delay, reverb, octave and vibrato.
- The Clean & Classic Pack: Six amps and eight effects pedals tailored for clean, vintage, and acoustic styles.
- The Power Pack: Six amps with a penchant for gain, plus eight additional gain and compression effects pedals.
- Audio Copy & Paste. You can now copy AmpKit recordings and paste them into other apps such as multi-track mixing / mastering apps. You can also paste audio from other apps into AmpKit as either backing tracks or dry guitar audio. AmpKit supports both Sonoma’s AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard and Apple’s General Pasteboard, for maximum compatibility with other iOS audio apps
- Improved audio quality thanks to post-amp effects. You can now place pedals after the amp in the effects chain, enabling major enhancements to audio quality with many effects, including reverb and delay.
- Instant access to your iPod music library. No lengthy import process, just select a song from your iPod library and jam along instantly.
- Setup Sharing. You can now email your favorite setups and presets to your friends, thanks to the iOS 4’ “Open with …” feature.
- Setup Favorites and Locking. You can now keep track of your favorite setups and presets, and lock setups to prevent accidental modification.
- QuickJump. Conveniently jump from one favorite setup or preset to another without leaving your gear display.
- – Recording improvements include the ability to flick-scroll recordings, and an improved composite waveform that shows both wet and dry levels on the same display.
- Rotation support on iPhone and iPod touch so you can use the app with your iPhone or iPod touch inverted (sometimes better for cable routing).
- Enhanced SoundCloud integration including support for keywords and simplified submission of audio to the AmpKit group.
*Except first generation iPod touch
PocketGuitar – A Virtual iPhone/iPod Touch Guitar
Shinya Kasatani has developed PocketGuitar, a native iPhone virtual guitar. Available on Installer by adding podmap.net as a source under toys. Having failed at using a recorder in elementary school, I can’t quite comment on the application itself but do check out the screenshots below. via hollywoodstory.tistory.com
Guitarist – The iPhone Guitar (Demo)
Guitarist is a virtual guitar for your iPhone. Innovative interface design makes it possible to play complex guitar pieces and chord progressions live for the first time. Guitarist is available now from the App Store for the iPhone and iPod Touch. For more information see moocowmusic.com
A virtual guitar for your iPhone and iPod Touch. Please note that this is an old and unsupported free app for jailbroken iPhones only. See moocowmusic.com for more information.
Fender Metal Thrash guitar sample library for Kontakt with Guitar Rig or Amplitube | Pettinhouse.com
CLICK “ABOUT THIS VIDEO” www.pettinhouse.com DirectGuitar 2.0 is an innovative 9Gb electric guitar sample library for NI Kontakt 2-3 direct recorded for amp simulator. It means that the electric guitar has been recorded directly to the sound card exactly like when you plug a real electric guitar into it. In this way you can add your favorite amp simulator such as NI Guitar Rig or Amplitube and shape the sound as you wish. Each selector is 1.2 Gb and about 720 samples at 24Bit 96Khz, full sustain, natural decay (no loops), 3 velocity layers, round robin for alternate picking. It means that if you hit a key repeatedly you can hear two different samples, upstroke and downstroke pick instead of that typical unnatural sound coming from the same sample DirectGuitar 2.0 has everything you need for creating a real guitar track. Key switching: slides, palm mute, pinch harmonics, tapping, trills, octave chords. Release notes, fret noises, hand noises, pick noises, strum noises, cable noises, finger noises. 12 articulations: Bridge, mid-bridge, mid, mid-neck, neck, jazz, strum, slap hand, arpeggio, chords, Mute M+N, mute M+B. Audio exemple: ANOTHER “PICK” IN THE WALL www.pettinhouse.com BLUES GUITAR www.pettinhouse.com ARPEGGIO www.pettinhouse.com POP DEMO www.pettinhouse.com ———————————— Try it before you buy! Download DirectGuitar FREE, it’s a reduced but full version ( MID + NECK pickup ) that helps you to understand what DirectGuitar 2.0 is. To download …