Agile Partners have announced a major update to AmpKit+, the iOS amp simulator.
Here’s what’s new in AmpKit+ 1.1:
- iPad support – AmpKit 1.1 is now a universal app supporting iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch* at no extra cost.
- iPad features include:
- Full rotation support – works extremely well in both landscape and portrait modes.
- Great use of expanded screen real estate (e.g., view as many as 15 Setups or Presets at once).
- Use of popover panels to enable quick editing. With a single touch, expose amp, pedal, and other settings for editing. In landscape mode, edit amp controls while your amp and pedals are fully visible.
- “Now Playing” panel tells you which setup is currently playing and lets you open it with a single touch.
- Amazing new iPad-specific amp and pedal artwork.
- New gear – AmpKit 1.1 includes three amazing new pieces of gear:
- American Acoustic: An acoustic amp with 16 built-in effects and a uniquely modeled speaker cabinet.
- Tremo-LOL: A great new Tremolo pedal with American and British tremolo modes.
- Wahba Doo: Three wahs in one: envelope filter, auto-wah, and manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
- AmpKit 1.1 includes three new bundles featuring discounts ranging from 50% to almost 70% compared with individual component prices. You can buy almost every piece of gear in the Gear Store via these highly-discounted bundles.
- The Effector Pack: 6 great effects pedals including the new Tremo-LOL and Wahba Doo pedals, as well as delay, reverb, octave and vibrato.
- The Clean & Classic Pack: Six amps and eight effects pedals tailored for clean, vintage, and acoustic styles.
- The Power Pack: Six amps with a penchant for gain, plus eight additional gain and compression effects pedals.
- Audio Copy & Paste. You can now copy AmpKit recordings and paste them into other apps such as multi-track mixing / mastering apps. You can also paste audio from other apps into AmpKit as either backing tracks or dry guitar audio. AmpKit supports both Sonoma’s AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard and Apple’s General Pasteboard, for maximum compatibility with other iOS audio apps
- Improved audio quality thanks to post-amp effects. You can now place pedals after the amp in the effects chain, enabling major enhancements to audio quality with many effects, including reverb and delay.
- Instant access to your iPod music library. No lengthy import process, just select a song from your iPod library and jam along instantly.
- Setup Sharing. You can now email your favorite setups and presets to your friends, thanks to the iOS 4’ “Open with …” feature.
- Setup Favorites and Locking. You can now keep track of your favorite setups and presets, and lock setups to prevent accidental modification.
- QuickJump. Conveniently jump from one favorite setup or preset to another without leaving your gear display.
- - Recording improvements include the ability to flick-scroll recordings, and an improved composite waveform that shows both wet and dry levels on the same display.
- Rotation support on iPhone and iPod touch so you can use the app with your iPhone or iPod touch inverted (sometimes better for cable routing).
- Enhanced SoundCloud integration including support for keywords and simplified submission of audio to the AmpKit group.
*Except first generation iPod touch