At the 2012 NAMM Show, Courtney Cox of The Iron Maidens was on hand to demo the new Peavey AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar.
Mike Matthews – the founder of Electro Harmonix – talks at the 2012 NAMM Show about a new pedal soon to be released…….The Superego.
SHREDDER – iPad Synth for Guitar was uploaded by: YonacSoftware
Yonac Software has introduced Shredder, the first professional iPad guitar synthesizer.
- Connect your guitar to your iPad through the USB (such as Apogee Jam, Griffin GuitarConnect Pro, Sonoma GuitarJack 2), Jack/Mic (such as iRig), or use the iPad’s built-in microphone
- Uses real FM/subtractive analog-modeling synthesis
- Can also be controlled by the onscreen keyboard, or a hardware MIDI controller
- Comes with three of our signature stomp boxes: Fuzz Goblin, Ghoul Vibrations, and Echo-Plasm
- Over 100 presets to get you started; save an endless number of user presets
World’s first face-controlled guitar effect! was uploaded by: FrontierDesignGroup
This is a preview of Frontier Design Group’s iShred Live, which features a new low pass filter with variable cutoff and resonant frequency control.
The real fun comes in for those of you running iOS 5 on a camera equipped device. Face control!
That’s right, you can control this effect with your face! It uses the new built-in iOS 5 face tracking to watch where your face is and track the cutoff and resonant frequencies when you move it.
Maybe not the most practical way to control it – but at least they’re trying something new!
Electro-Harmonix Effectology Vol. 24 “Dr. Frankenstein’s Laboratory” was uploaded by: Effectology
Effects guru Bill Ruppert takes a look at creating ‘spooky’ sounds for Halloween, using just a guitar and Electro Harmonix effects pedals.
Firebird X Introduction was uploaded by: GibsonGuitarCorp
Gibson has introduced The Firebird X digital guitar, a new guitar that applies digital technology to the traditional guitar.
The Firebird X features a lightweight body made from hand-sorted swamp ash, with a rock maple neck and curly maple fingerboard. The guitar is a bit more than six pounds in total weight. Special resonant chambers not only decrease total weight, but also allow acoustic-like tones and increased overall sustain.
The guitar is louder than a typical solid body with substantial tone from lowest bass note to highest treble note.
Check out the video for an intro to the Gibson Firebird X and below for a detailed list of the features. The Gibson Firebird X Digital Guitar lists for $5,570.
Man About Town: Luke Tours London with AmpKit 1.2 was uploaded by: agilepartners
Here’s a quick demo of AmpKit 1.2 for iPad. All the audio you hear was produced by AmpKit 1.2 and AmpKit LiNK.
AmpKit 1.2 is a big release, featuring tone and simulation improvements – including: dual-stage amp simulation, convolution-based cabinet simulation, adaptive input compensation, an upgraded Noise Gate, and solo and mix output shaping
New gear includes:
- Budda Superdrive 30 Series II.
- Fargen Olde 800, Super Collider and Hot Mod Baby Blues amps.
- Rocktron Zombie Rectified Distortion and Cottonmouth Fuzz effects.
- Sonic Edge J&J Overdrive and Tumbleweed Clean Boost & Compression effects.
- Two great new models of classic high-gain amps, the Sultan Rack 88 and the Uber Xtreme 101.
BWV 848 – J.S. Bach – by Adam Fulara was uploaded by: alesgar
Adam Fulara plays his ass off, doing his take on BWV 848 – J.S. Bach.
M3i-LPD-NAMM11.mp4 was uploaded by: M3iTechnologies
Organ Sounds on Steel Guitar (2) was uploaded by: steelguitar3
This video, via steelguitar3, demonstrates using the Electro Harmonix Pog 2 Octave Generator, B-3 Organ setting.
Technical details: 1956 Fender Stringmaster non-pedal steel guitar, with C6 tuning.